Sunday, February 13, 2011

On a Saturday Night (we eat out)

Every Saturday night we go as a family out to eat. In the past our usual places have been Cracker Barrel and Wally's until I actually said something like I was going to throw up if we went to either place again. (yes, I'm a grown-up resorting to childlike threats). Don't get me wrong, I do love the Barrel of Crackers but when you eat there like 26 weeks in a row it gets old. Plus, the kids always order breakfast and I keep thinking I can make you eggs and pancakes at home. So...no, more CB for awhile. (fingers crossed).
I thought that I may start writing a little bit about these places that we eat and hopefully someone will give us some suggestions on other places to go.
Currently, I decided we are going to 'eat our way up and down Lee Highway'. I don't know what I was thinking but we've gotten 3 knocked off the list so far. Not sure how many more we will do since the kids aren't fans of Indian or Thai food. We'll see how this goes.
So, let me know your fav place...and we'll check it out. By the way, we typically like local places and tend to stay on our side of town....not opposed to crossing the river but it better be pretty good. ;-)

6 comments:

Becky said...

We are big Fresh 2 Order fans but they are really a better deal on Sundays (kids eat free!). We like Lupis Pizza too.

Jodi said...

Our eating out night is Friday nights. We usually go to a local fave but that would be a drive for you :)

Letisha said...

Bones on East Brainerd Rd. is one of our favorites. Family friendly, tons of food for the price. The boys are big fans of the fried pickles and the colorful mints you get when you leave.

Joshua Rogers said...

It's a little south of y'all, and not on Lee Highway, but Provino's is a pretty good Italian place, and not too expensive.

LWSpotts said...

On Lee Highway, we enjoyed Los Compadres and Thai Basil (I think that's the name?). Plaza del Sol on E. Brainerd is a huge favorite for us as well.

Melissa said...

We do well with Steak & Shake or IHOP, although our IHOP on Brainerd can be inconsistent with service speed. They both have a kids eat free deal on certain nights.